There are a few requirements for buying long guns in CA:
- If you're buying a long gun, you must be at least 18 years of age, until 12/21/2018*, then 21 years of age in California unless you fall into an exempted category such as possessing a hunting license.
* The change in minimum age to buy a long gun will go into effect on January 1, 2019, so you have until December 21, 2018 to purchase your long gun and start your background check. This will give you one day to pick up your long gun on December 31,2018. Since these are firm dates with no wiggle room, we recommend that you initiate your purchase and background check prior to December 21st.
- You must provide us with a current CA Driver’s License or ID card (or a current military ID with PCS Orders indicating station assignment in CA.)
- You must also provide us with a Firearm Safety Certificate or an exemption to FSC.
There are a few fees and taxes you should expect to pay when purchasing a firearm.
- $25 for the FSC test/card if you don't already have one or an exemption to FSC.
- Approximately $30 for background check fees (DROS, Safety Fee, EQ fee, and Dealer Fee (taxable)).
- You can save money by buying combining more than one long gun on a background check.
- Sales tax on all products
Additional information can be found on our website at https://www.turners.com/info/firearm-faqs.
|SHOP FOR RIFLES||SHOP FOR SHOTGUNS|